Our policy covers customer information that is collected on this site located in Canada at:
- What kind of Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request, to promote products and services that we believe you will be interested in, and to help improve your shopping experience.
We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Additionally, Maya's Wardrobe collects personal customer information which is shared with Facebook/Shopify/Instagram/Google in an effort to serve more relevant ads and improve our customer experience.
- Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Maya’s Wardrobe online. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on our website
- Make an online purchase with us
- Request customer service or contact us
- Submit a Maya’s Wardrobe testimonial, rating or review, or other user generated content that may be posted on our site
- Participate in a contest or promotion
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Your personal information is top priority for us. Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your account information will be protected during transport across the internet. When you enter a secure portion of a website, which is any page containing any of your account information, an image of a closed lock or solid key should appear in the bottom bar of your browser window. If you click on this image, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear. This display indicates that your personal information is transmitted in encrypted form to a Maya’a Wardrobe web server, not to an unauthorized server. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Personal information is information that identifies, or could be reasonably associated with you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information (including credit card expiration date and CVV code), as well as information about the specific products and services that you purchase from us online. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements, or may collect information for the purposes of detecting, preventing and suppressing fraud.
- Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent, detect or suppress fraud.
- Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the website to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, device identifier, type of device, your computer’s operating system and browser type, your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time you accessed our service, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages. If you make a purchase online, we may also use and share this information for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
- We use both persistent and session “cookies” on our website to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that your browser may store when you view a web page or certain types of content-rich e-mails. Persistent cookies help us remember your information and settings for future visits to our website (such as your language preferences). Session cookies help us remember your information and settings during your current visit to our website (such as the items in your shopping cart) and will expire after you close your browser.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
- How Does Maya’s Wardrobe Protect the Privacy of Children Online?
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. Our website is a general audience website not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, Maya’s Wardrobe website do not knowingly collect personal information nor knowingly sell products to children under the age of 16 without prior parental consent. Please contact us if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
- Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Sites
We use third-party intermediaries who provide services, including but not limited to: outside shipping companies to ship orders, and a credit card processing company such as (PayPal, Square) to process user payments for goods and services. We share necessary personally identifiable information with these third-party intermediaries to facilitate your orders or transactions placed via the Site but do not authorize their use of your information for any other purpose.
The Site may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the Site are served to you. In addition, when you are on the Site, you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. For example, if you "click" on a link, the “click” may take you off the Site onto a different site. These other sites may independently collect data about you and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
- Social Media
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content this way, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account, (e.g. name, username, e-mail address, photos) in accordance with your social media privacy settings to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our website and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications.
- YOUR CHOICES:
This section describes the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or update your account information.
If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Updated on June 23rd, 2021.